"We share God's inclusive and eternal love with everyone!"“Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.” -Isaiah 41:10
From Pastor David:
Welcome to this expression of St. James Lutheran Church. ALL Sunday and Midweek Worship services and most ministry gatherings HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED until August. During this time when the pandemic does not allow us to meet physically, I hope you will:
- Gain hope through the readings, sermons and music each week on our “Sermons” page (click “Communications > Sermons” above.)
- Feel connected to others via our St. James Daily Email Devotions and “Let’s Stay Connected” phone ministry. Join us for a “Virtual Coffee Hour” via Zoom each Sunday at 10:30am.
- Stay healthy and pray for others. Check on your neighbors. Support our Weekday and Tuesday evening meals for the houseless.
- Continue your financial support of our St. James ministry (click “E-Giving” above or drop a check in the mail.)
- Be inspired by the poetry and prayers listed on our “Reflections” page (click “Communications > Reflections” above.)
We want you to REMAIN HEALTHY during these uncertain times. We hope that by restricting group activities we will be able to REACH OUT IN LOVE to those near our homes.
-Pastor David Knapp
NOTE: ALL Sunday and Midweek Worship services HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED until August 2nd, 2020.
Sunday Morning WorshipEvery Sunday, 9:30am
Although we cannot gather in person for Holy Communion in the Main Sanctuary, we still gather online on Sunday mornings for remote audio and video worship. Please find Pastor David's current Sermon by navigating to Communications > Sermons on the main navigation menu at the top of the page. Or you can click here to be linked directly to the Sermons page. Then, feel free to join us for a "Virtual Coffee Hour" via Zoom each Sunday at 10:30am.
Daily Email DevotionsEvery Weekday, 12:00 Noon
Although we cannot gather physically in the Pioneer Chapel for our Midweek Service of the Eucharist followed by Bible Study in the St. James Library, we continue to feel inspired and connected to others via our St. James Daily Email Devotions and our "Let’s Stay Connected" phone and email ministry.
Jazz VespersWatch video recorded on June 16th in Portland, OR, featuring Mike Horsfall on piano, accompanied by Haley Horsfall on vocals & percussion.
We are planning to record and edit more Jazz Vespers that will be available online Sunday, July 19th, featuring Devin Phillips on tenor saxophone, accompanied by our St. James Jazz Band: Mike Horsfall, piano; Laurent Nickel, bass; Brent Follis, drums; and Valarie Brown, soloist. We invite you to send a donation (offering) to help support our musicians during this pandemic. Although we cannot currently gather at St. James, we can still listen to Jazz Vespers on video.
You can find links to these recordings by navigating to Communications > Music on the main navigation menu at the top of the page. Or you can click here to be linked directly to the Music page.
St. James is an over 300 member congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). As a Reconciling In Christ church, we celebrate and welcome all races, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. We hope that you will take this opportunity to explore our website to learn how we share “God’s Inclusive Love” with all.
Our ministries and groups:
- Service of Healing and Wholeness
- Daily Email Devotions
- Contemplative Prayer
- Artists’ Group
- Book Club
- Virtual Coffee Hour
- Sunday School at Home
- July Jazz Vespers video worship
- Scholarship ministry
- Daily meals for the houseless
- St. James Low-Income Apartment ministry
- St. James – Let’s Stay Connected phone and email ministry
- St. James Child Development Center is scheduled to reopen again on August 3rd.