NOTE: The St. James Child Development Center is now open.
The St. James Child Development Center, located at St. James Lutheran Church, has been certified by the state of Oregon since 1981. To inquire about openings, rates, or for more information please contact the Child Development Center at 503-227-2439 or visit our website http://stjameskids.com/
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Age Range of Children: Six weeks – Six years
Mission: The St. James Child Development Center (CDC) provides a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment that allows children to explore their intellectual, emotional, physical, creative and spiritual selves.
- Compassionate Care
- Inclusive Resources
- Provide a caring environment and age-appropriate programs that will support the children through their stages of development.
- Provide age-appropriate programs to meet the individual needs of each child in cooperation with the St. James congregation.
- Include teachings about diversity within our program.
- Maximize the resources of our assets, environment, relationships and all programming of the CDC.
- Provide age-appropriate environment and curriculum that addresses the whole child: emotionally, intellectually, creatively, physically and spiritually.
- Welcome and include people of diverse cultures, religions, spiritual orientations, sexual identities, economic resources and world views.
- Foster communication and cooperation between members of the CDC and between the CDC, the congregation of St. James and the downtown community.
- Value the diverse resources of the environment, staff, families and congregation.