St. James is a church community comprised of diverse members who worship and gather regularly in our historic buildings in downtown Portland, OR. But life isn’t just happening around St. James. In the past 100 years our humble corner of downtown Portland has seen much change, and St. James has changed and adapted with it.
Established in 1890, St. James was the first church in the area to provide English speaking services so all people could attend and worship together, regardless of background, ethnicity, or race. Today, that tradition of inclusivity continues. Though we are blessed to still gather in our historic structures, our attitudes are anything but! We strive to provide meaningful programs, develop and deepen relationships with those around us, care for our neighbors, and live in the world around us as an active congregation of faith. All are welcome!